But every increasingly music is all about reflecting what people have already done, it's very rare that I can't identify a new band by either their influences or their sound. And things like the word "Indie" have almost no meaning now anyway. By definition of the word said band or person has to be independent, but in what way? Record label, sound, personality? It doesn't make any sense anymore, hence why its so readily applied these days. My iTunes recently identified a Joy Division record as indie rock; that title has no place anywhere near Joy Division.
Thoughts?? where are we headed? is innovation just petering out? Whats with the new wave of people desperate to get back to folk music roots?
![]() |
| I thought I'd add this photo because I find it entertaining, and there were no visuals to my verbal tirade. |

No comments:
Post a Comment